A Painting Course with Phoebe Dickinson at Villa Cetinale
8th – 14th October 2020
Please contact Phoebe to be put on the waiting list
The price includes: your bedroom, plus all food and drink.
Massages are available at an additional cost.
The villa is fully staffed with chefs, waiters, cleaners and gardeners.
Mornings begin with a leisurely breakfast, followed by 2-3 hours painting. After a typical Tuscan lunch, the painting resumes, taking advantage of the beautiful afternoon/evening light, which bathes the surrounding countryside, viscerally evoking the feel of the renaissance art for which the area is famous. Dinner is preceded by cocktails and canapés.
Phoebe will paint alongside you as she feels this is the best way to learn. She will not teach on one of the days as it will be a day of leisure, with the possibility of visiting Florence, Siena or some of the fascinating nearby hamlets and churches. She will however, be on hand to answer any questions. At no point is anything compulsory!
Although this is primarily a landscape course, Phoebe is very happy to do some still life teaching as well.
Please contact Isabella (firstname.lastname@example.org), the manager, to book a room or if you have any questions regarding the course. She can also help you with your travel arrangements to and from Villa Cetinale. Her telephone number is +39 0577311147 and and e-mail address is email@example.com
To see more information and photos of Cetinale please visit the website: villacetinale.com.
The nearest airports to Cetinale are Florence (80 minutes away) and Pisa (110 minutes away).
15% off for non-painters.
There are many wonderful activities for non painters including:
Shiatsu or Chinese medicine treatment
Walking and hiking (free)
Cooking lessons and pizza making
Guided history tour of Cetinale and the gardens
Guided tours of Florence and Siena
For children – treasure hunt and entertainer
Thermal baths, horse riding, golf, guided hiking tours, wild swimming in the river merse, photography workshop, go carting, adventure park
For more information, prices or to book an activity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Rooms & Prices
Includes food and drink but not travel
Purple Bedroom: 1 x ground floor double bedroom with ensuite bathroom €2,500 per person.
Red, Blue and Yellow Bedrooms: 3 x double bedrooms on the piano nobile with ensuite bathrooms €3,000 per person.
Silver and Gold Bedrooms: 2 x large bedrooms on the mezzanine level. They each have a bathroom. €2,250 per person. (These rooms cannot be booked separately as you walk through the Gold bedroom to get to the Silver bedroom).
Amber and White Bedrooms: 2 x large double bedrooms on top floor with ensuite bathrooms €2,500 per person.
Brown and Ivory Bedrooms: 1 x double bedroom (ivory bedroom) with adjoining twin bedded room (brown bedroom). These bedrooms share a bathroom. It is €2,250 per person. These bedrooms cannot be booked separately.
Grey Bedroom: 1 x twin-bedded room with bathroom €2,250 per person
Scarlet and Green Bedrooms: 1 x single bedroom (Scarlett room) sharing a bathroom with the 1 x twin bedded room (Green room). €1800 per person. (These bedrooms need to be booked together).
30% if the room is occupied by one person only (and its not a single bedroom).
15% if the person is not painting during the week
- Plein-air easel or pochade box with tripod
- Rolled canvas/ canvas boards/ wooden panels or gessoed panels. Recommended sizes 10” X 12”, 12” X 12”, 11” x 14” (or size of choice-but I wouldn’t go too big)
- Canvas corner chips or coins so I can show you how to transport your paintings safely when they are finished but still wet (masking tape is very important). If you are bringing canvas also bring tape and a larger size panel to tape it to
- Turpentine (I would recommend bringing Zest it which you can buy from Jacksons online art store because it is safe to fly with)
- Linseed oil or medium of choice (optional) I actually often paint using tupernoid when I am flying abroad because its safe to fly with and acts as a medium and a brush cleaner. Or sometimes I just bring Zest it and don’t bother with a medium
- 2 jars or containers with secure lid (1 for brush cleaning 1 for medium)….if you decide to bring both
- Hog bristle and or synthetics both big and small so we can try different things
- Flats size 2, 4, 6, 10, 12 (or sizes of choice)
- I recommend buying your brushes from Rosemary and Co
- Pallet knifes (at least two) large and small sizes
- Pallet if your pochade box doesn’t have one it
- Oil paints – I usually use Old Holland, Michael Harding and Windsor and Newton for the more costly colours. You don’t have to use/bring them all, but obviously if you have them or want to buy them, it’s fun to have many more colours. These are the colours I would bring:
- Titanium white (large tube)
- Cadmium lemon
- Yellow ochre
- Cadmium yellow deep or orange
- Cadmium red
- Burnt sienna
- Alizarin crimson
- Ultramarine blue
- Cereleum blue
- Cobalt blue
- Olive green or sap green
- Viridian green and maybe some other greens of your choice
- Sunscreen and hat
- If you like painting under an umbrella in the sun please bring a painting umbrella if you have one if not there is plenty of shade
Please contact me if you have any questions on the materials list.
Check-in from 4pm, Check-out before 10am
50% deposit to confirm the booking
Balance is due 60 days before arrival
Full payment is due if the booking is made within 60 days of your arrival.
In the event of cancelling your booking, the following penalties will apply:
50% of the total rental price if the cancellation is made at any time after the confirmation
75% of the total rental price if the cancellation is made between 60 and 33 days before the start of the rental period
100% of the total rental price if the cancellation is made with 32 days or less before the start of the rental period