A Painting Course with Phoebe Dickinson at Villa Cetinale
2019 dates to be confirmed soon
Please contact Phoebe to be put on the waiting list
The price includes your room, food and wine.
There will also be optional yoga. Massages can also be organised.
The nearest airports to Cetinale are Florence and Pisa. Florence (75mins) is nearer than Pisa (110 mins), but the Pisa flights are more frequent and reliable, as Florence often cancels flights due to wind.
A typical day could start with some warm up yoga, followed by a delicious breakfast. Painting will then commence for 2-3 hours and then stop for a break and lunch. After lunch we will carry on painting for another 2-3 hours or however long anyone wants to do and most people stop in time for some tea/ coffee and biscuits and a bit of down time before drinks, canapés and dinner. Phoebe will demonstrate occasionally by painting alongside you as she feels this is one of the best ways to learn. On the Tuesday, she will not be teaching (although she will be on hand for any questions) and there will be a day of leisure, with the possibility of visiting Florence, Siena or one of the many nearby hamlets. At no point is anything compulsory.
Although this is primarily a landscape painting course Phoebe is very happy to do some still life or interior teaching as well.
Please contact Isabella (firstname.lastname@example.org), the manager, to book a room or if you have any questions regarding the course. She can also help you with your travel arrangements to and from Villa Cetinale. Her telephone number is: +39 0577311147
15% off for non-painters.
There are many wonderful activities for non painters including:
Yoga or Pilates lesson
Shiatsu or Chinese medicine treatment
Walking and hiking (free)
Cooking lessons and pizza making
Guided history tour of Cetinale and the gardens
Guided tours of Florence and Siena
For children – treasure hunt and entertainer
Thermal baths, horse riding, golf, guided hiking tours, wild swimming in the river merse, photography workshop, go carting, adventure park
For more information, prices or to book an activity please contact email@example.com
Available Rooms & Prices
Includes food and drink but not travel
1 x ground floor double bedroom with en suite bathroom €2,000 pp
3 x double bedrooms on the piano nobile with en suite bathrooms €2,500 pp
2 x large mezzanine bedrooms interconnecting. They each have a bathroom €1,850 pp
1 x single library bedroom with a large bathroom €1,700 pp
2 x large double bedrooms on top floor with en suite bathrooms €2,000 pp
1 x double bedroom with adjoining twin bedded room and shared bathroom €1,700 for each.
1 x twin-bedded room with bathroom €1,700 pp
- Plein-air easel or pochade box with tripod
- Rolled canvas/ canvas boards/ wooden panels or gessoed panels. Recommended sizes 10” X 12”, 12” X 12”, 11” x 14” (or size of choice-but I wouldn’t go too big)
- Canvas corner chips or coins so I can show you how to transport your paintings safely when they are finished but still wet (masking tape is very important). If you are bringing canvas also bring tape and a larger size panel to tape it to
- Turpentine (I would recommend bringing Zest it which you can buy from Jacksons online art store because it is safe to fly with)
- Linseed oil or medium of choice (optional) I actually often paint using tupernoid when I am flying abroad because its safe to fly with and acts as a medium and a brush cleaner. Or sometimes I just bring Zest it and don’t bother with a medium
- 2 jars or containers with secure lid (1 for brush cleaning 1 for medium)….if you decide to bring both
- Hog bristle and or synthetics both big and small so we can try different things
- Flats size 2, 4, 6, 10, 12 (or sizes of choice)
- I recommend buying your brushes from Rosemary and Co
- Pallet knifes (at least two) large and small sizes
- Pallet if your pochade box doesn’t have one it
- Oil paints – I usually use Old Holland, Michael Harding and Windsor and Newton for the more costly colours. You don’t have to use/bring them all, but obviously if you have them or want to buy them, it’s fun to have many more colours. These are the colours I would bring:
- Titanium white (large tube)
- Cadmium lemon
- Yellow ochre
- Cadmium yellow deep or orange
- Cadmium red
- Burnt sienna
- Alizarin crimson
- Ultramarine blue
- Cereleum blue
- Cobalt blue
- Olive green or sap green
- Viridian green and maybe some other greens of your choice
- Sunscreen and hat
- If you like painting under an umbrella in the sun please bring a painting umbrella if you have one if not there is plenty of shade
Please contact me if you have any questions on the materials list.